This morning I woke up and walked to a nearby recreation center with my wife to vote. As we walked to and from our polling place we talked politics and made sure we knew who we were voting for. Fortunately there was little to no wait time as we got in and filled out our ballots. As I was filling out the ballot I questioned whether or not I was making the right decisions on senators, judges, amendments and of course the presidential election. I began to worry about the economy and who has the best plan. I began to worry about moral issues and who has the most "Christian" perspective. Then God let me know that He wasn't worried. He's not going to be surprised by the outcome of today's election. He's not going to be slowed down by people that are or are not elected. He is, and always will be on His throne.
Obviously the election is very important and we need to take it seriously. But, we also need to put things into perspective. If God wants to move in the United States...He's going to move. He won't ask for the permission of the President, or the government. The God that we serve is so much bigger than that.
So tonight, no matter what the outcome of the election is...I will do two things. I will pray for the man elected as the next President of the United States and I will sleep well knowing God is in control.
No comments:
Post a Comment