Wednesday, March 11, 2009

PAUSE


I'm not sure about you...but I hate this button. I hate when I'm watching a movie and someone has to go to the bathroom or answer their phone and they say..."will you hit the pause button?" It drives me crazy! I don't like having to take a break from what I'm doing. I don't like the break in my routine. When you hit that pause button, everything stops. There is no more movement on the screen and the sound stops. It's so different from the rest of life where we have constant movement and stimulation
The same is true for my spiritual life. I struggle to hit the pause button in life and spend time with God. Or when I try to...it seems so different from the rest of my life. It's hard to just be quiet and listen to God for any kind of extended time. Even though I'm in a job where I should constantly be hitting the pause button, I am continuously faced with the temptation to keep life going in fast forward. There's always an event to plan, email to write, phone call to make, text to send or conversation to be had. Over the next few weeks we'll be talking about this idea together. I know I'll be challenged. Will you?

No comments: