I'm not sure what the rest of you think, but I love the book of Philippians! As our Sr. High has been going through it, I've been so encouraged and challenged by Paul (the author). The thing that gets me is his unbelievable attitude and commitment to the gospel of Jesus Christ...WHILE IN JAIL! He's ok with his crummy situation as long as the gospel is being preached and the Kingdom is being advanced. Is that true in my life?...is it true in yours? Sometimes the littlest things in life bother me to the point of extreme frustration with God. It's like I think God owes me this nice, clean and happy life without any problems. Sometimes I act a lot more like John the Baptist who while in jail questioned whether or not Jesus was the messiah because he didn't help him out like he thought he would. Don't get me wrong, John the Baptist was a great guy, who paved the way for Jesus' ministry. But, he didn't see the big picture like Paul did while sitting in his jail cell.
This week I'm praying that God will help give me the strength to see the big picture no matter what is going on in my life. That's also my prayer for you. Like a good friend once told me...God doesn't owe us anything. The cross is enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment